Thursday, September 3, 2009

Chaos...

is no longer just a theory. We are living it.

In the Septic Tank there is a constant background of words. Many profane, but even the profane ones have no real meaning. An inmate calls me to his door and says he has a question. I try to listen as he launches into a long and winding dissertation.

" Hey, CO, can you do me a favor?"

"Sorry, I don't do favors, but what is your question?"

"Look man, the motherfuckers locked me up this mornin', right?"

"OK."

"and like, I got a motherfuckin' TASC day, right?"

" No sir, you do not have a TASC day. You have to be here 24 hours before you get a TASC day"

" Look motherfucker, I gots me a TASC day!"

"No sir, you have to be here 24 hours before you get a TASC day."

" aight, aight, aight, well look , I needs me a phone call"

" Sir, you don't get a phone call until you have a TASC day and you have to be here 24 hours before you have a TASC day."

" HEY, DAWG!!!!!" shouted into my ear as the inmate yells across the wing to someone in another cell, "WHA CHOO DOIN', MAN?"

The response is an unintelligible burst of noise echoing across the wing from the other inmate.

"MOTHERFUCKIN' COP THINKS EYES A NEWBIE !!!!! TELL 'IM DAWG, EYES A GANGSTA MOTHAFUCKA, DAWG, HEAR ME?"

As I turn to walk away the little white guy that wants his TASC day says, "Where you goin' muthafucka ? I gets me a phone call, aight! I knows I gets me a phone call, you fat fuckin' faggot !"

I smile and begin to walk away and then, in a pleading, generic whitebread tone of voice he asks, "CO, can I get some toilet paper?"

2 comments:

  1. The Septic Tank. I like that. Like I said, it's too bad we can't bring in recorders. Wouldn't their mothers be proud to hear how little knucklehead is behaving himself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also think Adseg visits should be held there in the house. That would cut down on alot of visits, dontcha think?

    ReplyDelete